I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.
7 flights, 3 layovers, 2 lengthy bus rides, 1 half day hydrofoil boat ride, and 1 overnight train later, I'm back from 18 days in southeast asia. I'll try and summarize everything in a few posts. Pictures will serve better than words. Here is a quick summary of the trip:
It is nice being in summer weather during winter time
I had to keep reminding myself it was Christmas time (For half of Xmas day, I forgot it was Christmas)
After Christmas day, I had to keep reminding myself Christmas was over. Their Xmas decorations were still up when I left the trip and Xmas songs kept playing until the end of December.
Don't try to celebrate New Years Eve in Hanoi. 1 - They use the Chinese calendar. 2 - All their bars and restaurants close at midnight.
Be grateful for what we have because there are many people we met where 20 cents means a lot. I talked to many average people (hotel clerk, taxi driver, tour guide, shop owner, etc). 1 of them had been to their neighboring country and almost all of them had never visited the other end of their own small countries (because they can't afford it).
Well, I was going to post about the beginning of the trip, but I left my memory cards with all my pictures at school, so I can't start until tomorrow.
Stay tuned.
3 comments:
Good to hear from ya Eric! I'm trying to salvage the candies and goodies you got for myself and Isabelle but we're quickly running out! Ha Ha.
Post your pictures when you get a chance...
Happy New Year! Welcome back to Nihon. Looking forward to a great year of blogging...from you that is. We already know I'm more consistent than you. haha. Have a great 2008.
~Jill
Hey Eric! Glad to hear you're back from summer times. I'm working on a sequel to your short novel. Can't wait to see the pics.
Post a Comment