So let me show you some pictures of my town, Kamojima.
Here is the picture of the train station. I used my new Nikon SLR and the picture still looks like it was taken in the 60s. This town is the twilight zone.
Here's the (was) happening street in front of the station. It's decorated nicely but in the last 10 years has been put on life support.
Here's the pet shop on the street. The animals are doing about as well as the street.
This is Kamojima park. There's no grass but there's a nice pond with a stream through it and a big river bordering it. It's small but nice and peaceful and has statues of animals all over.
Here's the street in front of my house. It's pretty not interesting, but I'm just keeping the blogging real, homie.
A random cemetery in the middle of town. Ironically the snack clubs are around this area. Need to respect the dead and give them their fair share of fun as well.
What's a snack club you ask?(I hope) Well, here is an example of one. It's a sort of a bar that a lot of business men go to get their egos stroked (I think it's only their egos) ... They have a woman sit with them and she'll pour their drink, wipe the condensation off their glass, clap and praise their excellent singing, etc. etc. Last year when I was a young and naive English teacher, I went to one with some teachers after a party. It ends up the girls doing the stroking were former students of theirs. Talk about awkward.

No comments:
Post a Comment