Wednesday, June 06, 2007
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUTTTT
Luke writes: "Interesting concept but what about all of those famous Japanese bath houses?"
- Thank you for this great question Luke-san. Some of the Japanese bath houses, or Onsens (that's pronounced as a long O ... like "Ownsens") are naturally heated because the water is from the ground. They are essentially hot springs. Others not heated from ground water, I have no idea. They may feed the customers free beans before entering the bath. I guess that would also be considered natural heating as well.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Ladies, there's enough to go around.
Doris said...
"Just how comfortable is the back seat?....
What kind of car is it? You ARE in Japan. Is it any brand or model that we know?"
Doris-Chan, great questions. The back seat... With 1 guy and 3 girls, the back is pretty cozy. With 4 girls, it's even cozier.... Uh, so I heard from the old Japanese lady that owns it.
The car is a Mitsubishi Minica. I believe this was the successor to the Eclipse. The closest you'll come to seeing one in the U.S. would be a hot wheel.


Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Happy New Year!
Auntie Kim Sensei writes:
Regarding The Last Samurai... "They show and tell where the monasteries are where the filming took place. loved that scenery, too. have you made it to hiroshima yet?"
Haven't made it to Hiroshima City yet. I will go there my second year here. In response to The Last Samurai, in April I went to Chio-in Temple which is where some of the movie was filmed. Here is a picture of the gate to go in and the actual ginormous temple.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Hello Fatties
Luke said...
"How did you find Pumpkin pie?"
A foreigner runs a restaurant / pub in Tokushima City and had a Thanksgiving dinner party. Damn, now I want pumpkin pie.
Thursday, September 28, 2006
What's all this expensive food?
Doris said...
"I want to know what the weird frozen things are. Animal, mineral, vegetable? And, why did you buy them?"
This question is only 9 months old. So the weird things sat in my freezer for quite awhile. I think they had shrimp in them so I didn't want to chance it and gave them to somebody. It's perhaps the equivalent of a North American hotdog. Contains the parts of the shrimp nobody talks about.
Well, that's all for the questions. Thanks for all the fan comments and questions!

1 comment:
I can't get my damn Izzy name to log-on correctly, so Aimee's will have to do...
Anywho, Classic Eric Q&A. ;)
Vegas, Vegas, Vegas. Heard you got your tickets booked and that you'll soon be back to the ol' US and A.
Post a Comment