While we're talking about the little day trip to Okayama I saw Santa on, I'll fill you in on some more details. This was a day bus trip that cost about $25. We had to be at the bus around 7:00 a.m. That was not the least bit amusing. A funny thing was, the bus was full of Chinese people. So as soon as the engine was turned on, I instantly fell asleep. This bus driver must've been speed racer because when I woke up, we were at Fisherman's Wharf (please see picture below).
Everybody got out, took pictures, and enjoyed the Wharf for a little bit. Then we hopped back into the bus and I passed out again. When I awoke, we were in Okayama. There we went to 2 art galleries. One was traditional paintings, Asian and European (They had 1 Picasso). The other gallery was Japanese art...sculptures, statues, etc. After that we ate and looked for souvenirs. We didn't find much, but there was an interesting cat store. A picture of one of the crazy items is shown below.
The bus ride home consisted of the most favorite Japanese past time next to baseball. BINGO! I think in Japan, babies come out with a bingo card. If you ever see an Asian and you can't tell if they're Japanese, just yell N-36 and if their heart rate jumps to 140 beats / min, they're Japanese.
As a side note, I'm out of town for the next 9 days, so there won't be new blog entries for awhile.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
The whole reason for having a laptop is so you can update your blog at anytime. I know that you are busy traipsing around Japan during the first of this New Year, but please log on and post some pics and stories. You need to keep those of us stuck in boring ass Utah some entertained.
Post a Comment