Whenever somebody in Japan goes on vacation, an unwritten / polite rule is that they buy omiyage (souvenir) for everybody at work. It is usually food individually wrapped with the place it's from written on the package. One piece is placed on each person's desk, usually in the morning. This can get quite expensive if you travel often. It's at least $20 or more per trip for teachers and adult conversation class. I have learned not to advertise my trips. Instead, my weekend vacation to Osaka becomes a weekend 'vacation' in front of the TV.
Today I got some omiyage on my desk. Remember happy poo from a few entries back? Well, this omiyage looked like his close relative, without the smile.
3 comments:
My omiyage rule: it's not a vacation unless I had to take an airplane.
On a receiving note: I usually am given lots of goodies, but I apparently haven't impressed one of the new teachers; she blatantly skipped over my desk TWICE while giving out treats last month! No worries though, they were just bean-stuffed 'sweets'.
Poop is yummy.
MMM MMM!
Post a Comment