Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's that I hear?

In September, we were having a typhoon. Not a peep was outside, but I heard this blaring sound coming down the street. I thought it was a typhoon warning or something. Nope. It was the damn soba truck.

Whether sun, rain, sleet, or typhoon, the soba truck will cometh. If there's something I can count on, it's that the Soba truck will be coming down the street Sunday night at 7:00.

The U.S. has ice cream trucks. Japan has soba trucks.

The truck drives super slow and plays a really loud annoying song. It sounds like a first grader wrote this song for a talent show......and got a tomato thrown at them while playing it.

This soba truck sells bowls of soba noodles for your pleasure. I've never seen somebody actually buy noodles from him. I kind of feel bad and have been tempted to buy a bowl, but I don't want to encourage the guy to drive down my street anymore. There's only so much soba music an individual can take. And the worst part is, at the most random times of the day, the damn soba song will get stuck in your head.

The driver was probably convicted of a felony and they let him choose prison or driving the soba truck for the rest of his life. Dude made the wrong decision.

(Click below to see the infamous truck)

No comments: