Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Natural Disasters

Thanks everybody for checking if I was okay after the earthquake that hit Japan. I was in Kyoto and had no idea it happened. Everybody on my island is alive and unharmed. The earthquake, luckily for myself, was up on the northern part of Japan.

While we're talking about natural disasters, there was a typhoon that came through Saturday night. It was the talk of the town for about 3 days leading up to it. During those 3 days, if you wanted to talk to somebody, your conversation had to start with "So, there's a typhoon coming soon." I was ready for some action. Unfortunately, it ended up only being like a really bad rain storm. It rained for most of the day and when we were near the eye of the storm, it rained really hard and the wind blew pretty hard (according to the web, it was around 55+ miles per hour wind). What a bummer.

No comments: