I hope everybody had a good Halloween. On Halloween, things aren't quite as scary over here...unless you count their driving.
My costume this year wasn't quite as original as last year, but it was something all the locals could relate to. I was a Japanese grandma.
Outside my adult conversation class with a few students
I'll explain the details of a proper old woman in Japan.
From the top to bottom.
Something must be worn on the head. This season, the in thing is bucket hats.
Very unattractive flowery shirt that is very baggy
Apron on in the rice paddies so your flowery shirt doesn't get dirty
Forearm fabric so to protect your skin from the sun when outside
Cane (optional)
Short pants
Slippers, but there are some ugly ones I found for indoor use.
The hunch. Many old Japanese women are hunched over because they always spend time crouched over working in the rice paddies.
1 comment:
Cool!
Post a Comment