skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Haircut like a pimp
So today I decided it was time for a haircut. There are barbers all over the place as indicated by the barber pole outside of every haircut shop. So I chose the one across the street from my apartment and walked in for a chop. When I walked in, there was an old guy in a chair getting trimmed like a mobster. He was getting his hair trimmed, then soon after his chair was reclined (full motorized chair) and he was given a full facial shave (shaving cream and razor). Then behind his ears and above his neck got shaved. After that, he sat forward in his seat and leaned into a sink. The barber washed his hair (post game wash) and then the customer proceeded to wash his face. So after the Japanese Godfather left, I was graciously welcomed to sit in a chair. I sunk into the comfortable leather seat and was ready to go. First I had to tell him how i wanted my haircut. Only problem was, I hardly know Japanese....infact the only relevant word i know is 'short' or 'small'. So we finally figured it out after about 5 minutes.
After that, he put a paper wrapper around my shirt, then a plastic bib type thing over that, then a haircut plastic gown over that. Then he wiped down my neck and sprayed my hair with a water bottle. After that, he got a very warm towel and put it on my head for about 20 seconds. Then he used the towel to wet and clean my hair. After that, he proceeded to cut my hair... and with much precision. Through broken English and broken Japanese, we managed to hold many conversations for the 1/2 hour it took to cut my hair. I also got in some quality t.v. time watching a crazy japanese gameshow on the LCD tv next to my seat. We finally finished my cut and I headed outta there. Lucky for him, his recliner was bolted to the floor or else it would've ended up in my front room.
2 comments:
um, where are the before and after pics of this haircut?
still waiting for pics of the new hairdo.
Post a Comment