

Today after school I went to Okonomiaki with 4 of my adult conversation class members. The class is mostly made up of ladies over the age of 65....but they're as active as 30 year olds and so great to hang around with. Okonomiaki is the food pictured. It is basically cabbage, egg, and whatever else you want to mix with it. The picture is of cabbage, egg, cheese, and tuna. (The picture was taken when I had Okonomiaki last month). You mix the ingredients in the bowl then you cook it like a pancake on the grill at your table. This is one of the few times I have cooked in Japan. The result is a good piece of food that even I couldn't screw up. After that we went to one of the lady's home and had tea and fruit. After that, we sang Karaoke for about an hour. I sang about 5 songs...a couple of them being Beatles songs. I'm glad John Lennon wasn't alive to hear my singing. It would've been more painful than marrying Yoko Ono.
2 comments:
at least it's better than nato...
at least it's better than nato...
Post a Comment