A: Get out of the way!
My adult conversation class had a cooking lesson. Well, this is how the story started. Long, long, ago... the first week of September we had our first lesson. They all like cooking so I suggested if they wanted we could do an English cooking class for one of our lessons. By the end of that class, they had a date, a place to cook, and somebody to prepare the recipes and food. So the day had come and I got the recipes and had them translated to English. I had a lesson prepared for cooking and learning English.
Apparently they did too.
So first I went to the wrong cooking place and I ended up being 20 minutes late to the correct place. When I arrived, they were already going to town and let me tell you, don't get in the way of a Japanese woman with cooking utensils. If I saw 20 Samurai warriors vs. 20 Japanese women in a kitchen, I'd put my money on the women. I was going to help and they kindly told me not to worry (get out of the way) and went back to business. We ended up having a really good dinner and all the lesson plans were thrown out the door. I'll be damned if I heard more than 10 words in English.



No comments:
Post a Comment