Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Similarities

So I found a similarity between the US and Japan. If you don't pay your electric bill they turn off your electricity.

After two weeks in Japan, my boss told me she would take my bank info to the electric company to get auto pay setup (at least that's what I think i understood). Apparently it wasn't setup because I had no electricity when I got home today. Luckily they left a piece of paper in my door the day before so I had my coworker call and see what the paper meant. Unfortunately the paper said my electricity was getting turned off.... and it did. Makes me wonder what my supervisor did with my bank info... and why I only have $150 in my bank after payday... and why she has a new car. However, service in Japan is nice. I cycled to the electric company and paid my bill. Then a guy cycled back to my apartment with me and they turned it back on. Can't beat that service. (except for maybe the Walmart door greeter)

No comments: