In Japan it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving at all on Nov 23rd. In fact, a few of us even forgot it was Thanksgiving until that night. It also could have been due to the fact we were traveling in Nara which I will write about very soon. However, tonight (Sunday) a bar that many foreigners go to had their annual Thanksgiving all you can eat/drink dinner. It was SO good to eat an American Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, apple pie, and PUMPKIN PIE! Let me explain why this is special.
First of all, in Japan, 'turkey' is a country. Almost all Japanese people don't know what a turkey is and few have eaten it before. Hence, finding turkey in Japan is comparable to finding Osama Bin Ladin. Not gonna happen. Stuffing is another wonder out here. I haven't seen green beans or mashed potatoes either so I don't know if they exist. Actually, the colonel serves extra crispy chicken here, so I know there are mashed potatoes. Pumpkin Pie ..... definitely not on any Japanese menus, so this was a very good treat. I'm not eating for 3 days just so I won't ruin the pumpkin pie taste in my mouth.

2 comments:
I had the top button of my pants unclasp but it wasn't cause of food. baaa-doom-boom.
How did you find Pumpkin pie?
Post a Comment