


It was a damn fine day to have a birthday today. I went to school and the kids sang happy birthday to me. The 8th graders gave me a package with a bunch of postcards tied together to make a book. Each student picked a b-day line to write (i.e. Wishing you a happy b-day) then they each wrote one or two lines of their own which was great! Here are a few:
So that was a great b-day present. There are over 100 more. My teacher gave me a baseball mug and sticker and my Adult Conversation students gave me a big warm blanket for winter time. Also, I went to one of the old lady's house for a b-day dinner with 3 other English teachers and 7 older Japanese people that I knew. We had tons of food that the host made: Sushi, some beef dish, a japanese stew, onion and pork soup, fruit, cake, and lots of other stuff. It was great fun and we ate and talked for about 3-1/2 hours. So all in all, it was a pretty good last b-day in my 20's (that part sucks!). Saturday the English teachers around here are taking me to dinner and then drinks to follow.
Also, thanks everybody for sending me b-day emails!!! You're all great family and pals!

2 comments:
Yo Happy Birthday dude! My father and I got you a new broom, but it got held up in customs. OH WELL!
Talk to you later. --Dave
"Marry me!"
"Shall we dance with me."
"Please don't chase girls."
"I can't live without you!"
Damn, Wylie. I'm concerned about your teaching techniques.
Post a Comment