Thursday, October 26, 2006

Biggest scam in Japan



A few Sundays ago we visited the critically acclaimed whirl pools of Naruto. Naruto is a city on the cost of our island. The city has a huge bridge that spans across the ocean to land closer to Honshu (the main big Japanese island). You can pay 500 Yen (about $4.50) to go in the walkway under the bridge and look down at the 'whirlpools'. Apparently the whirpools are caused because this is the point where the southern and northern tides meet and make the swirls. Well, we went to look and there were many people there. The big tourist area under the bridge is actually pretty spacious. So we walked across the bridge and looked down through the glass they have on the walkways. Ummm, it looked like some boat wakes. Maybe it was just the time we went, but it wasn't very impressive. However, I had to include the picture with the little kid. His mom was making him stand on the glass and he was FREAKING out! I would never do it to my kid, but it sure was funny watching her do it to her kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of the kid is priceless. But I can't say I'd have any different reaction if I was looking down from that bridge either, but at least I'd have a good excuse to cling to a Japanese woman...in fact isn't that how John Lennon met Yoko? On a bridge?