


Last Friday it was the last day of work for a special ed temp teacher. She sat next to me in class and was awesome. She couldn't speak English very well but tried pretty hard and we had good laughs. That night the 7th grade teachers had a farewell dinner paid by the school. It was a typical Japanese restaurant with lots of good food. For the first time I saw a wasabi root which the teachers had to grind for wasabi. I realized while posting this picture that I'm quite short (I must have been slow or in denial). I'm just not AS short in Japan as in the US. I'm probably avg height here.

2 comments:
I noticed you tower over your Japanese grandma, so you got that going for yourself.
Looks like you're having a really great time.
Who knew that the wasabi root was actually that weird green color and not just some psychotic food coloring?
Post a Comment