


Been busy lately and I'm falling behind. Lets continue from 2 weekends ago... 3 English teachers near my town and myself headed about 40 minutes by car to a festival. This festival had many kinds of food, live JPop (Japanese pop music), games and prizes for kids, and maids...yes maids. We weren't quite sure why there were some ladies dressed up as maids, but we had to get our picture with one. So......... anyway, back to the story. We listened to a lady with a guitar and her backup keyboardist play a 45 minute set. She was really good and I enjoyed the show. It was nice to hear live music again although I couldn't understand any of it.
After the show we went to $18 all you can eat Japanese food that was really good. They also had yakiniku. yaki = bake, niku = meat. So it is basically like a little fire/bbq at your table where you get different raw meat (about 12 different kinds) and cook it at your table. I made sure to stay away from the shrimp. But the guy next to me didn't. As I was leaning over to turn my beef, he was opening his shrimp... and apparently shrimp juice flies far. It flew far right into my eye! I found out the hard way that shrimp juice in the eye isn't as bad as down the throat. It just turns the eye red and itches a bit. That's great to know because you really don't know when the next time shrimp juice will squirt in your eye.

No comments:
Post a Comment