Friday, October 06, 2006

Dinner with Granny and Co




So Tuesday my Japanese grandma and her friend (whose house we went to for tea and fruit) took me to dinner. We originally went to a Japanese restaurant where you sit on the mats, but when we got there the owner ran out mad. Apparently the woman (I'm assuming his wife) went to get something and never came back so they had to close because they didn't have her to work. Almost all restaurants here are pretty small establishments with only a couple of workers....usually the person working in the front also works in the kitchen. So we went to a 'French' restaurant. I ended up getting a steak which came with 6 pieces of tender pork, bread, OJ and dessert. It was actully super nice to have food that wasn't Japanese! The steak could've been sitting out for 2 days and as hard as charcoal but it still would've been the best steak I've ever eaten. So we ate ate ate, talked talked and then left and went to the grocery store. There they showed me what was what and where all the deals were. Then I went to pay and my granny wouldn't let me pay. She physically pushed me away from the cashier so i wouldn't pay. I know I'm not the incredible hulk, but damn I don't know where she got those muscles from.

P.S. The photo was taken in the dark by somebody that didn't know how to use the camera...hence my head is not there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever figure out what the weird frozen things you bought were? I'd check on that!!!