However, Halloween was a great weekend. I found it quite difficult to make a costume in a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween. After searching forever, I finally found a store that had all kinds of Halloween goodies. I threw a few things together from there, bought a few things from the 100 Yen store, bought a $4 brown shirt and I was ready to go!
First was Saturday in the city at the popular foreigner's karaoke bar (foreigner = english teachers). The place was PACKED with things from animals to mobsters to (my favorite) the boy riding the 'Neverending Story' dragon. (See the pic for my costume of the lost 70's horse).
Then today for Halloween I wore my costume to school. It was great and the kids LOVED it. My supervisor told me a funny story after school though. (A little background first, my normal daily outfit consists of khakis / slacks and a polo shirt) Today for my costume, I was wearing my ugly brown v-neck cut shirt and some plastic necklaces I made from junk at the 100 Yen shop. The English teacher I work with overheard some teachers talking. The conversation went something like this: "I thought Eric was a modest guy. I had him all wrong. He's really flamboyant and flashy." Apparently nobody knew it was Halloween. They thought this was my normal dress and that I couldn't stand it any longer having gone back to my roots, dressing flashy. To tell you the truth, I've been wanting to wear my plastic necklaces since I got here but I just couldn't hold back the urge!!! Haha..it was pretty hilarious. She set them straight. Then before I was about to leave the vice principal came over and said the same thing! Apparently my bling bling and cardboard/foil horseshoe medallion is a little too showy for junior high. I guess I've got to pursue my next option... Rapping.


2 comments:
Dude, so funny. Your cow head hair looks like a Jehri curl.
Way to reprizent! LOL
Post a Comment